Sunday 22 April 2007

Well, a little more than a month left and I can't believe I'll be headed back. School's crazy here and I'm trying to get classes wound up so that I can focus on finals. Last week I went on a conference through the Philosophy School at a country mansion called the Burn House. It was a gorgeous 18th century mansion that is on the banks of the North Esk, which is a salmon river deep in a canyon. Both the trip and the river were awesome. There were about 20 or so philosophy students from all over and about 5 professors that went on the trip. In the evenings certain students presented papers, about two a day. On Wednesday, Dr. Beaty and I were able to go fly-fishing on the Esk. It was a different kind of fishing than I have ever done before, I caught two and Beaty caught one brown trout. The salmon were what made the experience though, they were tough to spot and impossible (except for the scots!) to catch but were gorgeous and scary big. I made it back to St. Andrews on Thursday afternoon. Friday, I went to the University fashion show and after party, which was a ton of fun. I guess it was actually a big deal (i didn't know what I was getting into); it was held at this huge and old stone barn just outside of town and there were all kinds of people there. Thats about all thats going on here in St. Andrews, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do the week between classes and finals (besides study). me and 5 other guys are considering renting an RV and seeing as much of the UK as possible, we'll see if that happens or not. Anyways, miss ya'll and hope things are well. Let me know whats going on in Texas.

Will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to see photos when you get home. We are winding down with finals,graduations, Alice in Wonderland and baseball and soccer.
ME is Atlanta bound, great city and university.
Take care and enjoy the next few weeks.

Love, Aunt Toni